Have you ever wondered what it really means to be sustainable? Can we really go zero waste? How can we start at home? Then this episode is especially for you.
“Zero-waste lifestyle is a process, not a destination. It may not be possible for us to be zero-waste today, but as long as we continue to consume consciously and make sustainable shifts, we’ll be doing a lot more good than bad.”
Join me, Mayura Rao, as we discuss all things sustainability, one of my core beliefs. I believe that conscious consumerism is the need of the hour where we think about the products we consume - how they're made, where they come from and where they finally go. Tune in with Anindo Ghosh from Daily Dump.
A firm believer that “sustainability begins & ends with us realising that our impact is bigger than we realise, and we are all connected - people & the planet”, Anindo is a cheerleader for responsible consumerism and works towards aligning business objectives with social, environmental, and economic needs.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What really is a sustainable lifestyle
- Can we really go zero-waste
- How to start composting at home
- Does compost smell
- What is biodegradable waste and how does it differ from compost
- How can we make sustainable shifts in our daily life
- The 5Rs of a sustainable lifestyle - Reduce, Refuse, Reuse, Repurpose and Recycle
Until next time, stay Ausum!