"When we take the time to look at animals a lot closely, automatically there's mindfulness and slowing down that happens, which we all know is the need of the hour for us.
I think there's a reason why, across the globe, no matter what the culture, where in the world human beings are... there's always a dog around."
Join me, Mayura Rao, as we discuss how our furry friends make our lives better. I've grown up with dogs around me and always turned to them when I need to calm myself. Their big bulging eyes and smooth-as-silk fur never failed to slow me down on a busy day. Tune in to this extra special episode with Sindhoor Pangal to explore our generational relationship with dogs.
Sindhoor is a canine behaviour consultant, Galen myotherapist, an independent ethology researcher, an engineer by qualification and an educator in Bangalore, India. She is the founder of BHARCS. BHARCS offers a UK-accredited level 4 diploma on canine behaviour and ethology and boasts of students from all parts of India and across the globe.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The relationship we have with animals
- The evolution of dogs in our lives
- Our generational relationship with dogs
- How dogs can be our emotional support
- How to reciprocate the comfort we find with our dogs
- How to seek a relationship with dogs if you can't bring one home
- Sindhoor's relationship with dogs
- The founding story of BHARCS
Until next time, stay Ausum!