“We have problems falling asleep because thoughts that we’ve been avoiding all day, make their way into our brain. Don’t let these thoughts stay and fester in your mind. They need to leave you. Otherwise, of course, they will affect your sleep time. That’s the only chance they’re getting."
Join me, Mayura Rao, as we discuss sleep - a simple concept that's been a part of our lives since birth but is increasingly becoming a problem area as adults. Let's dissect why our bodies and minds need proper sleep with Ashdin Doctor.
Ashdin Doctor is habit coach and founder of Awesome 180, a health coaching platform. Having studied various perspectives on health, nutrition, fitness, exercise, meditation, sleep and various other areas related to health, he believes that awesome lives start with awesome habits.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Is sleep wasted time?
- Why is sleep becoming a conversational topic in recent times
- Why is sleep important
- Why do we fight sleep as adults
- Is 8-hour sleep the ideal duration
- Importance of tracking our sleep cycle
- Lifestyle ways to sleep better
- Ashdin's bedtime and morning routine
Until next time, stay Ausum!