"There's never been more trash on the planet than right here right now. It's the waste pandemic!
Why would we want to allocate space on this gorgeous planet for waste? We could do so many other amazing things with it!"
Join me, Mayura Rao, as we discuss all things sustainability, one of my core beliefs. I believe that conscious consumerism is the need of the hour where we think about the products we consume - how they're made, where they come from and where they finally go. And who could be better-suited to discuss this with than the queen of "trash talking"... Sahar Mansoor!
Sahar Mansoor is the founder and CEO of Bare Necessities, a zero-waste social enterprise. She is a circular-economy nerd, a voracious learner and a curious traveller. Sahar has obtained accredited degrees on environmental topics in India, the USA and England, becoming a University of Cambridge alumni.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is a zero waste lifestyle?
- The Indian culture of a zero waste lifestyle
- What 'sustainability' means for Sahar
- Evolution of Sahar's zero waste lifestyle
- How innovation can help make zero waste lifestyle more accessible
- What sustainability means to children
- Demonstration-based environmental education in school curriculum
- Sahar's plans for Bare Necessities
Until next time, stay Ausum!