25th February 2019 | By Ausum Team
Continuing with our #CheffingWithAusum series where we explore the versatility of our various tea blends, we have a special recipe for International Cake Day! Chef Deepika, from Deebee's, conjured up some delectable After 8 brownies. And trust us on this - these are possibly the best brownies you’ve ever tasted!
After 8 is is a tisane or a fruit infusion with leading notes of Spearmint, Apple and Fennel. It is caffeine free, contains zero sugar and sweeteners and no preservatives. This is why Tisanes can be enjoyed around the clock. The fruits that Ausum Tea uses in our blends are fully dehydrated in-house. We also use fruit that is locally sourced and fresh, and that contains no added sugar or preservatives.
After 8 is perfect for a daily Vitamin boost. Relish the flavours of Apple and Orange. Layer it with Ginger and Fennel that act as natural stress relievers and digestives.
Watch the video here:https://drive.google.com/file/d/17jGZbRNtHRKNHsX9ZoOZHFsd9yZDI3yy/view?usp=sharing
Here is the full recipe:
- Flour 3/4 cup(150 g)
- Cocoa powder 1/4 cup + 6 tablespoon(70 g)
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon (1g)
- Eggs 4 large
- Oil 6 tablespoon(120 g)
- Zucchini( grated and squeezed) 1 cup ( 2 no.)
- Vanilla 1 tsp(5g)
- Boiling water 1 cup(250 g)
- Semisweet chocolate chips 1/2 cup(100 g)
1. Soak Ausum Tea’s After 8 tea leaves in boiling water and set aside for 1 hour.
2. Grate zucchini and squeeze till dry. Set aside.
3. Combine flour cocoa powder baking powder sugar salt.
4. Fold in the After 8 tea Infusion. Add the eggs, oil, zucchini and vanilla till fully combined.
5. Pour into greased tin lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
6. Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Bake for 35-40 minutes until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. Let it cool completely. Unmould and cut into squares. Get ready to sink your teeth into the best brownies you’ve ever had!
About the chef:
“Happiness is only a cupcake away.” This is the mantra that chef/ baker Deepika lives by. She runs Deebee’s Bread Basket in Jayanagar, Bangalore. Get in touch with her on +91 99455 10552 for orders.
Visit her Facebook page for details.
For more recipes with Ausum Tea, check out our YouTube channel!