As they say, turn that frownie around with a brownie! But what about the calories, you ask? What if we tell you that we have a tea-infused brownie recipe that has minimum calories and maximum taste?
And trust us on this - these are possibly the best tea brownies you’ve ever tasted!
About the blend:
After 8 is a tisane or a fruit infusion with leading notes of Spearmint, Apple and Fennel. It is caffeine-free, contains zero sugar and sweeteners and no preservatives. This is why Tisanes can be enjoyed around the clock. The fruits used in the blend are fully dehydrated in-house, starting with locally sourced fresh fruit and no added sugar or preservatives.
Sip on a cuppa of After 8 for a daily Vitamin boost with Apple and Orange!
Easy Brownie Recipe
Flour- ¾ cup (150 g)
Cocoa powder ¼ cup - 6 tablespoons (70 g)
Baking powder- ½ teaspoons (2g)
Salt- ¼ teaspoons (1g)
Eggs- 4 (large )
Sugar- 1 cup (160 g)
Oil- 6 tablespoons (120 g)
Zucchini (grated and squeezed)- 1 cup (2 no.)
Vanilla- 1 tsp (5g)
Boiling water- 1 cup (250 g)
Ausum After 8 leaves- 4 teaspoons (30-35 g)
Semisweet chocolate chips- ½ cup (100 g)
1. Soak Ausum After 8 tea leaves in boiling water and set aside for 1 hour.
2. Grate zucchini and squeeze till dry. Set aside.
3. Combine flour cocoa powder baking powder sugar salt.
4. Fold in the After 8 tea infusion.
5. Add the eggs, oil, zucchini and vanilla till fully combined.
6. Pour into a greased tin lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
7. Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
8. Let it cool completely. Unmould and cut into squares.
Get ready to sink your teeth into the best tea brownies you’ve ever had!
About the chef:
“Happiness is only a cupcake away.” This is the mantra that chef/ baker Deepika lives by. She runs Deebee’s Bread Basket in Jayanagar, Bangalore.