We got our own Masterchef - Prathana Narang, a teacher at Lavonne Baking Institute, to come up with a dessert with Ausum Hot Mango Mess, and here’s a mango delight recipe for you! Four individual recipes come together to form one whopper of a dessert that’s pure mango delight!
Called ‘Hot Mango Mess Delight’, it combines ice cream, an orange chiffon cake, a mango crunch and a coulis. Be prepared to be amazed!
Part 1: Mango Ice Cream (Eggless)
Water- 240 ml
Ausum Hot Mango Mess blend- 30 g
Caster sugar- 150 g
Stabiliser- 50 g
Liquid glucose- 240 g
Mango puree- 480 ml
Cream- 180 ml
- Mix stabiliser with caster sugar in a bowl.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, heat water and add the mixture.
- Add liquid glucose and bring it to a rolling boil.
- Add the mango puree and cream and cool it down quickly to 4°C.
- Transfer to an ice-cream churner and churn till you reach the desired consistency.
Part 2: Orange Chiffon Cake
Flour- 120 g
Caster sugar- 90 g
Baking powder- 6 g
Salt- 3 g
Zest- 1 no.
Oil- 60 g
Water- 30 g
Orange juice- 60 g
Yolks- 60 g
Vanilla- 5 ml
Egg White- 120 g
Caster sugar- 90 g
- Sift the dry ingredients and run orange zest.
- Mix wet ingredients to dry mix and make a lump-free paste.
- Make French meringue with egg whites and caster sugar. Beat only till medium peaks (Hard peaks = Lumpy batter).
- Take 1/3rd of the meringue and mix it with the flour paste to loosen it up.
- Add the remaining meringue in two parts, folding very gently.
- Bake immediately at 160°C in a chiffon mould or a cake ring lined with aluminium foil (not greased with butter) for 30-35 minutes.
- Once baked, invert immediately on a tray lined with butter paper to retain the height of the sponge.
Part 3: Mango Crunch
Corn flakes- 90 g
Frozen dried strawberries- 40 g
Feuilletine- 70 g
Toasted sliced almonds- 55 g
Ausum Hot Mango Mess- 20 g
White chocolate- 265 g
- Combine cereal, frozen dried strawberries, feuilletine and almonds with Hot Mango Mess blend.
- Temper the white chocolate and pour over the dry mixture.
- Gently fold the mixture to thoroughly coat with the chocolate.
- Spread the mixture into 3 insert moulds of 16cm and press to a 4mm thickness.
Part 4: Passion fruit / Berry Coulis
Passion fruit puree- 100 g
Sugar- 50 g
Lime juice- 20 g (optional)
- Heat puree along with sugar and cook till it thickens. Take off the flame.
- Add lime juice and use as desired.
Mango Delight Recipe - The grand finale!
Finally, experience some unadulterated mango delight when you put the four individual recipes together as our chef does! Dig in, and zone out. It’s your ticket to heaven and back.
About the blend:
Ausum Hot Mango Mess is an organic Darjeeling white tea blend with the leading notes of Mango and Orange. Like all Ausum blends, it’s handmade in small batches with zero sugar and sweeteners and no preservatives.
The blend contains Apple, which is a great vitamin booster, helps build immunity and is great for skin and eyes. The King of Fruit, the Mango along with Strawberry brings in some extra zing with antioxidants and generally happy thoughts. Hailed as the King of Spices, Chilli’s potent inflammation-fighting properties make this blend a must-have!