After those delectable After8 brownies that Chef Deepika made for us, we went back to her to conjure up another recipe with a different blend. This time, it’s a simple yet delicious and healthy recipe for easy tea cookies, made from Ausum Pure Seduction blend. A quick evening snack would consist of tea and biscuits, but when you can get them both in one, why not?
About the blend
Pure Seduction is an organic Darjeeling White tea blend with the notes of lavender and chamomile. White Tea has more antioxidants compared to any other and is best relished every day for physical and mental wellness. The soothing notes of Lavender provide a much-needed calm, helping you go into sleep mode naturally. Chamomile is a natural fighter against allergies to keep those sneezes at bay. It helps keep anxiety in check and sings you into a good night’s sleep. Finally, topped with Hibiscus to slow down that blood pressure and give you a boost of Vitamin C!
Tea cake cookies recipe
Flour- 2 cups (330 g)
Ausum Pure Seduction leaves- 3 tablespoons (30 g)
Salt- ½ teaspoon (4 g)
Butter- 1 cup (180 g)
Castor sugar- 1 cup (160 g)
- Blend flour, salt and tea leaf in the food processor till the Pure Seduction tea leaves are spotted in the flour. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugar till the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Fold in the flour mixture.
- Add the vanilla extract and roll it into a log.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours until firm.
- Once it is firm, unwrap and roll in icing sugar (optional).
- Cut ½ inch discs.
- Place on a baking tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes (this step is just to ensure the shape of the cookies remains).
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Place the cookie tray and bake for 20-25 minutes till they are light brown.
Your tea cookies are now ready! Snuggle into a cozy nook with these and a cup of tea and enjoy your afternoon!
About the chef:
“Happiness is only a cupcake away.” This is the mantra that chef/ baker Deepika lives by. She runs Deebee’s Bread Basket in Jayanagar, Bangalore.